As the New Year approaches it is more important than ever to make sure that you are safe while you are on the road. From holiday parties with more than a little bubbly to distracted driving caused by cell phones and other technologies, it is important to make sure that you do everything possible to protect yourself, your family, and your friends.
In the unfortunate event that you are a victim to someone else who is not being careful about how they drive, though, it is important to find the resources that you need to recover. From finding a personal injury lawyer if you have been in an accident caused by someone else’s distracted driving to looking for DUI lawyers if you have caused an accident, finding legal advice sooner rather than later is always a good plan.
Getting the Right Kind of Legal Advice Can Help You Find the Resources That You Need
When you are facing a long recovery process because of an accident that was caused by someone else’s distracted driving, finding legal advice may help. Facing a big stack of hospital bills, a long list of rehabilitation appointments, and months of not being able to work can be difficult to face alone. With the right legal adviser, however, you may be able to find the resources that you need to make sure that your recovery is as complete as possible.
Consider these facts and figures about the many reasons that Americans find themselves in need of when they are facing an injury caused by distracted driving or driving under the influence:
- A person is injured in a drunk driving crash every two minutes.
- 32% of all car crash fatalities are from drunk driving. 31% are from speeding, 16% are from distraction, and 11% are from weather.
- 31% of all car crash fatalities are from speeding.
- 16% of all car crash fatalities are from distractions.
- 11% of all car crash fatalities are from weather.
- 660,000 drivers are using cell phones or manipulating electronic devices while driving at any given daylight moment across America.
Finding the legal advice necessary to help deal with a difficult situation can be the difference between finding the resources that you need and living a life of trying to recover from accident caused by someone else’s carelessness.