It is difficult to think about anything that has to do with a snowball in the middle of summer, but that is what is going on. You are in the middle of a financial snow ball and you simply are not sure that you can see a way out. First, your roof, gutters, and windows were totaled in an early spring storm, and now you found out that your upstairs air conditioning unit is not working. The technician says that the coil has gone out. Unfortunately, you are six months after the warranty so you will have to cover the whole cost of a new unit.
And while you have home owner’s insurance that will cover the replacement costs of the roof, siding, and windows, the deductible is significant. It simply seems like too much and once and you are really struggling to find a solution.
Low Cost Bankruptcy Attorneys Offer a Number of Options for Clients Who Are in Desperate Situations
Bankruptcy law firms often focus on specific kinds of cases that help both individuals and businesses deal with the challenges that they face when they are in a difficult financial situation. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when it might be in your best interest to get the legal help that you need if you are considering filing for bankruptcy:
- A Chapter 7 bankruptcy filings stays on a credit report for 10 years after it is arranged.
- A Chapter 7 bankruptcy usually takes approximately six months to complete.
- During the year 2013, bankruptcies resulting from unpaid medical bills affected an estimated 2 million people in the U.S.
- Although fees can differ from one state to another, Chapter 13 filings in the state of Texas often cost less than $500 to begin a case. When you work with a low cost bankruptcy attorney you may pay even less.
- There were a total of 8,980 Chapter 11 bankruptcies filed in the U.S during the year 2013.
- There were a total of 333,626 Chapter 13 bankruptcies filed in the U.S. during that same year.
Contacting a bankruptcy lawyer as soon as possible can help you get the help that you need and understand the options that are available to you.