Published on June 5th, 2014 | by Personal Rights0
Benefits of a Personal Injury Lawyer
Have you suffered an injury at work and aren’t sure what to do or who to call? It’s always a good idea to consult a work injury lawyer to see if you should file a personal injury claim.
A personal injury lawyer is a lawyer who defends those who have claimed to have been injured- either physically or psychologically- as a result of another person’s inability to take proper actions to assure safety. For example, in Canada, personal injury lawsuits may be filed as a result of pain and suffering caused by injury, inability to work, as well as lost wages. Below are a list of benefits for hiring a work injury lawyer.
- They have good knowledge of personal injury laws, such as tort law. Tort law addresses civil wrongs and economic damages to one’s property or rights.
- An injury lawyer can and will protect your rights. This is why you’ve hired them in the first place, and they will not do anything to jeopardize your chance of earning compensation.
- They will represent you in court- with gusto. If you represent yourself in court, you run the risk of making a mistake in your claim or potentially not filing for as many personal injury claims as you could have.
- A work injury lawyer is a pro negotiator. They will negotiate for a fair compensation from whomever has caused your personal injury.
- They do the talking. If you find a personal injury lawyer right away, you reduce your risk of saying something to the police or insurance companies that may end up hurting you in court down the road. Instead, a personal injury law firm will be there to answer those questions for you.
It is crucial to understand that a work injury lawyer is here to help, and there are plenty of people who use their services. In Canada, the construction industry has the highest rate of work related injuries- which is no surprise- but each one of them is very likely to have a personal injury lawyer they can trust. One in 68 workers in 2010 was injured or harmed on the job and received workers compensation as the result of calling a work injury lawyer- so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by calling one today.
http://visual.ly/benefits-hiring-personal-injury-lawyer Read more.