Published on July 23rd, 2015 | by Personal Rights0
Why Lawyers for Car Accidents, Medical Malpractice and Workers Compensation are so Important
Most people never expect to need an attorney at law for anything.
Will I need an attorney for car accident?
No one expects to be in a car accident or need an attorney for car accident but many of us will.
- There are about 3,278 car accidents a day, resulting in almost 1.3 million deaths a year. That’s 37,000 deaths in the United States each year.
- At least 50% of car crash deaths are people from 15 to 44 years old.
- More than 500 senior citizens are hurt every day in a car accident.
If you are in a car accident, you may need an attorney for car accident. You may have suffered injuries that impact your ability to work. You may have serious neck, head or spine injuries and a case to sue the other driver — were they drinking? Distracted by a text or phone call or just not paying attention? Car accident lawyers can help fight on your behalf so you can focus on your recovery.
Do I need a Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
Just as an attorney for car accident specializes in auto crashes, medical malpractice lawyers specialize in malpractice cases.
- Nearly 225,000 people are killed each year by medical malpractice (American Medical Association)
- Preventable medical errors cost the health care system nearly $29 billion a year.
- Simple human error in complicated medical procedures is responsible for 80% of complications that results in so many deaths, this has been listed as the sixth leading cause of preventable death in the United States.
- In 2013, there were nearly 44,000 drug overdoses in the United States and nearly 23,000 of them were related to pharmacies.
- In 2006, 1,452 randomly selected malpractice cases were analyzed — 97% involved a medical injury and 66% were caused by a mistake made by a medical professional.
Medical professionals don’t set out to hurt you. They get into medicine because they want to help people but mistakes happen. An order is read wrong or the doctor or nurse is tired. With too many patients to handle and too little time, more and more people are being injured or killed by mistakes and negligence. If a family member or loved ones dies as a result of this, you should look into wrongful death lawyers. Wrongful death settlements won’t bring back your loved one but maybe they will prevent that mistake from happening again.
Workers Compensation Lawyers
- No one wants to sue their boss if they get hurt at work but many have to.
- Consider this, in 2013:
- There were more than 3 million reports of workplace injuries.
- About 229,000 people were injured by slips trips and calls at work.
- There were more than 917,000 work-related injuries that caused people to take time off from work.
An employer is responsible for a safe work environment. They have 30 days to respond to any claim. If they fail to do so, the blame is considered valid. The federal government has even set guidelines for what it considers safe. People who file for claims are much more likely to get a decent workers compensation settlement if they are represented by someone who knows workers compensation law. Your job doesn’t have to be dangerous to be hurt at work. Store employees at several retail chains were either injured or killed during some “black Friday’ violence by shoppers looking to get the best deals.